Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wet Wet Wet and Cold

This has probably been one of the worst days I've had to run so far. Sure there's no more snow but after running today I almost wished it was snow instead of the rain and wind we had. It was a "lovely" 1 degree when we started but with the windchill it was more like -6, and yes there was wind, for most of the run we were running into the 40km/h wind and don't forget to add the rain (at times it felt like ice pellets). Plus we changed our clocks forward so we lost an hour of sleep. I bet you all wished you were here, don't you?.

My left calf was quite tight/sore again today which didn't help with everything else I had to deal with, so I was not much in the conversational mood. I just wanted to get this 26k run done and out of the way. Luckily we did our weekly loops again because my calf was not feeling better after the first 14k loop so I stopped there. I am going to be icing and stretching it for the next while and hope that it will finally feel better for good. I have a feeling the problem is my shoes, I think they have died and forgot to tell me so I had to find out this way. I will be using my newer shoes from now on and see how that goes. I already have tomorrow off and I'm not sure how much I'll be doing this week, just planning to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment