Saturday, March 20, 2010

Setback

This has been one of worst weeks of training yet. My lower left calf has not gotten better and almost feels like it has gotten worse over the week, I finally called my RMT guy for an ART and after that it felt better but then I decided I could try and do my speed work. Oops maybe not. I was only able to do about half of the workout and had to stop. I've only been able to run at most 15k on any night and even that seemed to be pushing it. I'm very frustrated with this whole situation and the fact that I can't get my runs in for the week. I didn't run yesterday or today, but I plan to tomorrow morning, I'm supposed to run 29k but I'll have to see how everything is feeling at that time. In the mean time I've been icing it a lot (still can't quite do the whole ice bath thing) and I've been stretching it as well as the hips as that could have played a part in it too. I'll let you know how my run goes tomorrow but for now all I can do is rest.

On a positive note I found out my bib number for the Marathon and I now know that I am definitely in Wave 2 so I won't be starting the race until 10:30. Things on that end are falling into place, now to just get back to the training.

My total for the week is a sad 55.83k

No comments:

Post a Comment