Sunday, March 21, 2010

Coming Back

Today's run went pretty well. I didn't run the last 2 days and have been nursing my calf, I wanted to take it easy and see how it went today. I started off with a 14.5k loop and it didn't feel too bad at the end of it. It was still quite sore and tender before starting and for the first couple of kms, but as the run went on it seem to get used to being used again. I figured that instead of doing another 14.5k loop I would do a 10k loop instead so not to push it too far and to end on a good note. I think the final 10k was just right and I was even able to bring my pace up to about a 5:10. I am going to continue icing, heating and stretching this week and maybe try another run on Tuesday, but things are finally looking better and I may actually race at Around the Bay in Hamilton this weekend (fingers crossed).

I ran a total of 25.01k today.

No comments:

Post a Comment