Sunday, April 11, 2010

1 Week to Go

I am now down to my last week of training so really there is not much I can do to change anything now, whatever happens happens. I have had a very good tapering week and hoping this next week goes along the same path. My leg is feeling much better and I can now run as I had before the injury, maybe it is because I went from 6 days of training to 5 or the extra rest I took when I was injured, either way I am just glad that I am able to run comfortably again.

I have started planning what I will take with me to Boston, I am so afraid that I may forget something or that my luggage will get lost during my flight. So I am making sure I have a backup plan that I bring in my carry-on. I'm sure everything will be fine but just in case.

Today I ran 15k at my projected race pace, I found it hard to start this run but I got into a comfortable stride not too far into the run and so averaged a 4:50 pace. It felt good and easy so I may try to keep that pace for the marathon. I have 3 different goals for the finish of this marathon 1. To feel good at the finish, well I'd like that no matter what but just finishing would be a great feeling. 2. Requalifying, meaning finishing with a 3:40, I think this is very likely as long as there is no snow squalls although I have done some training through those. 3. Finishing with a 3:30 time but I am not expecting that. It would be great to have that time, don't get me wrong, but it would have to be one of those perfect days. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment