Saturday, April 3, 2010

April's Here

Only 16 days left before I begin the Boston Marathon!

Thursday I think I had one of my hardest workout's yet, another clinic night another speed night. We went off to the track as usual but this time we had to do a continuous 10k run around the track and after every 400m we changed our pace. I started with my marathon pace which ended up being about 4:40 then after 400m went to my 10k pace which was a 4:30 and continued that for the whole 10k (about 25 laps). I was really tired after that, but like a lot of my workouts I was very glad to have it done.

Saturday I went out and ran my final hills workout I went back to my original hill because after running ATB and running a hilly 12k on Wednesday I wanted to take it a bit easier, but it still seemed hard. I averaged a 4:45 pace up and down each of the 6 hills I did. Again, happy to be done. I ran a total of 10.8k which included my warm up and cool down.

I am now officially tapering and I am really excited for the next couple of weeks and arriving in Boston for the first time. I got my package in the mail which had my official bib number and all the other info I will need for the big day.

My total for the week is 71.84k

No comments:

Post a Comment